[scribus] Selection across linked frames

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Jul 29 15:46:33 UTC 2011

Le 29/07/2011 17:26, a.l.e a écrit :

> sorry, to be critical against your workflow, but if you have to click select text across 200 frames or through longer
> parts of text (i don't know what exactly you mean with 200 times... are you aware that there are keys like up, down,
> page up, page down, home and end? and even next word and previous word?) you're imo doing something wrong...

Yes, pages up and down help a lot in such cases !
I had not tried too much since 'page down' once is fine
but a second 'page down' to reach further text blocks seem to loose the selection
(looks like selection goes to frame instead of characters ?).
Behaviour might depend on the zoom factor or whether the bottom of frame is displayed...

However I found that 'Page down' to go bottom of frame
plus 'line down' to cross frame border
plus 'page down' again, usw, works well.

> even if you have 200 cases where you have a shorter selection which crosses the frame boundary... your workflow does not
> seem well optimized to me...

Well, i do my best !

> p.s.: i've tried to apply the method i was describing in my previous mail and, while you can indeed see the selection
> crossing the frame boundaries, applying a formatting (or copying the text) will only use the selection in the (newly)
> active frame: so, no, this won't work for you anyway...

ok... :-/

JLuc