[scribus] To Outline Or Not To Outline?

Meho R. mehor at gmx.com
Thu Jul 28 16:34:34 UTC 2011

On 28.07.2011 17:27, Mike Sleger wrote:
> Good to know (although I'm not currently using either nor planning to).  I wonder why SmallCaps wouldn't be searchable, as the actually text should be matchable (i.e. "abc" = "ABC").  By OldStyle numbers, do you mean numbers in an OldStyle font, or numbers represented in a font that are not mapped to the standard digit ASCII codes?
>
> On Jul 28, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Meho R. wrote:
OldStyle figures or text figures [1], as integral part of fine
typography are numbers which fit nicely in normal text and which should
be used instead of today commonly (and, according to many /or most/
typographers and book designers, wrongly) used lining figures (upshape
figures).

As for why they're not searchable when a font is embedded, that's a good
question I hope some of devs can provide an answer to.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_figures