[scribus] Press request

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 16:46:15 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 04:05 AM, HjemmePC Norway - Press wrote:
> Hi, from before we have done some great covermounts in our magazine, called
> HjemmePC, in Norway. We are planning an issue focusing on great
> softwares, which we already have
> done some covermounting with before. We would prefer if we could do some
> kind of full version covermount, but
> are open to suggestion. Either old full version with upgrade offer to
> latest, or new full version in return for greater coverage. I hope to hear
> back from you.

Scribus is available for free, so you are free to include this with your
magazine. I would tend to suggest including the 1.4.0rc5 version at this
precise moment (the final 1.4.0 may be out soon). So far there is not a
mechanism for Scribus to update itself.

This having been said, your readers may derive greater benefit from the
standard download and install methods. The Windows installer works quite
well, and several of the Linux distros have Scribus on their
repositories. Recent MacOS versions have binary versions of Scribus. It
also seems that we hear more about people who use several computers, not
necessarily with the same OS, and Scribus can be accommodating in that
regard.

Greg