[scribus] Printing as Spread

Andreas Vox avox at arcor.de
Mon Jul 25 11:20:01 UTC 2011

Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at ...> writes:

> I guess the biggest question I have about this is the utility of this
> feature, as opposed to making a "regular" PDF and then using Adobe
> Reader to print in n-up mode.
> Can a commercial printer make use of such an output? I perceive
> opportunities for confusion on the users' part as far as what is a good
> sort of PDF to output, or whether they think they have actually created
> the sort that they thought they did.

Yes, commercial printers should have no problem with spreads. OTOH n-up
is not enough to print current Scribus documents since it's also necessary
to collapse the bleed areas between any two pages that end up on the same
spread. Booklet printing in Adobe Reader might handle that correctly but
I don't think there is any easy solution to print Scribus's 3fold and 4fold
page setups.

/Andreas