[scribus] book elements

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 15:47:51 UTC 2011

On 07/24/2011 10:54 AM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> I appreciate the replies! To answer the questions posed, I am planning to do a pdf ebook and also convert to epub format via another free converter after I create it in Scribus. So if I do a pdf ebook, you recommend a manual table of contents, correct? And if I do each element as a separate file, how do I combine them into one document?
> ___
I've never worked through a linkable TOC in Scribus; I think it would be
tricky, especially when you're going to join PDFs later.

It's worth looking at the explanation of how to do a semi-automated TOC
just to see if you can make this work, but again the fact that you might
be making separate SLA files is problematic.

I don't know your platform (Linux, Windows, MacOS), but in there is
pdftk available for all 3 which easily allows joining a number of PDFs
into a single one. If you have page numbers, you have to get that fixed
in Scribus beforehand.

Greg

http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/install-pdftk/