[scribus] Question on editing fonts

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jul 24 14:28:12 UTC 2011

hi deanna,

> Now, I'm trying to rebuild the cover in Scribus (for fun, I guess).  I
> can import the old ebook cover at 300 dpi, but the fonts are not as
> crisp as they are when generated by Scribus.
>
> How can I manually tweak the fonts in Scribus to selectively fade
> out/erase parts of the font?
>
> A picture of the ebook cover is here:
> http://wonderlandpress.com/?p=199

to  get it crispier:

a/ for a cover 600 dpi may be better
b/ use png / tif instead of jpg
c/ in scribus, set the preview settings to "full resolution" (context menu on the image...)

finally, gimp is not that bad for that work, inkscape could be not that bad either (if you want to do it vector based), but scribus is probably not the best tool for such an effect (mum told me, that i shall prepare my sources before starting working with scribus... :-)

ciao
a.l.e