[scribus] Printing as Spread

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:09:08 UTC 2011

2011/7/22 Andreas Vox <avox at arcor.de>

> Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at ...> writes:
>
> > The other thing I would like to find out is the coding effort in time.
> >
> > Once we know the coding time required, we will then have to ask ourselves
> > what particular coding skills does that imply. Then we could decide
> whether
> > it's worth the effort or not considering all the other specific
> requirements
> > that are also worth digging.
> >
> > The initial question raised in this thread still remains to be answered.
> >

> My estimate is it would take me 1-2 days to implement this for PDF export
> (no
> imposition but just a simple yes/no option resp. the signature size for
> booklets)

Andreas,

Many thanks for this estimate.

Just so I get it completely, what does "resp." mean?

Do you mean that 3 or more pages could be printed side by side as we expect
in 3-fold and 4-fold?

> Output would be a PDF where the page size is the sum of the combined pages.
> Bleed etc. would be clipped where two pages meet.

Yes, this is expected. No bleed where pages meet.

> For PDF export the code is very similar to PDF embedding, so it would be
> a good idea to combine it when we finish PDF embedding.

Does that mean that in your view the "spread" option has to be done after
the PDF embedding is finished? Or can they be done separately and combined
afterwards?

> Implementing the same for Postscript would take longer.

At first glance, I believe that taking care of the PDF is already something
and we can leave the Postscript file aside.

Cheers!

Louis