[scribus] Inserting a page add a text frame

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 01:12:45 UTC 2011

On 07/20/2011 06:43 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> I wonder if this might be behavior that anyone else has noted?  I am using
> Ubuntu 11.04 with Scribus 1.4.0 RC5.  I have a document currently about 30
> pages.  If I insert a page in the middle of the document, a full page sized
> text frame is also inserted at the end of the document beyond the last
> page.  This has been happening since at least version 1.3.5.
>
> I have been trying to determine what prompts the addition of the text frame
> and just now have figured it out.  I have not tried any other .sla file yet
> to see if it happens elsewhere, but I'll do that ASAP.  The current file is
> a copy of earlier magazine issue used so I don't have to re-create
> everything from scratch.
>
> Maybe someone else has observed this behavior?

Experimenting briefly, I find this:

Experiment 1
I made a new doc with automatic text frames, 5 pages.
I then proceeded to insert a page after page 2.

The result was indeed a 6-page document with a text frame hanging out
after the last page. I also note that the page I inserted had no text
frame on it.

Experiment 2
I made a single page document, placed a text frame on it, then copied
the page for 4 copies. Then I inserted a page after page 3.

The result was as expected: a blank page inserted, no evidence of any
extraneous frames.

So perhaps this has something to do with automatic frames.

Greg