[scribus] Setting up to build from scratch (XP32)

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jul 16 12:58:49 UTC 2011

hi mike

> It's about time I started to contribute so I decided to attempt a
> build from svn ('trunk' aka 1.5.0) on Windows XP (32 bit).
> (Once I've suceeded with that I'll also try XP64 and a couple of
> Linux flavours - eg  Debian and Redhat)
>
> I found the instructions in the BUILDING_win2.txt  file very
> complicated and in some parts misleading, so I think it would be good
> to provide some new improved instructions to make the process
> simpler. In particular the list of dependancies and guidance on
> installing them.

compiling on linux is much easier!

you should first try on linux and then go for windows :-)

> Then I guess it'll be up to me (if I can obtain commit privileges to
> SVN) to update the BUILDING_win2.txt file.

you can send patches to http://bugs.scribus.net ...
and the suggestion your giving look very sensible to me!

currently, commit privileges are handed out in a very restrictive way....

have fun hacking scribus!

ciao
a.l.e