[scribus] Storybook icons in 1.4.0

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 14 18:48:51 UTC 2011

On Thursday, July 14, 2011 02:34:56 pm John Culleton wrote:
> To save the current status of the text without exiting
the
> Story Editor one must click on a little double chevron
and
> then pick up an icon from the bottom row of the resulting
> display. The double chevron is perilously close to the
> "Clear Text" button.  Personal tastes may vary but I
would
> like to see the "Save and Exit" icon and the "Save but
don't
> Exit" icon permanently displayed on the main icon bar of
the
> story editor. Those are the commonest functions by far.
The
> "Clear Text" button is dispensable. I have never used it.
It
> is easy to highlight all the text and hit delete.
>
> Is this arrangement user-configurable in some way?

I found a workaround by dragging the right margin of the
Story Editor to an improbable width. But I still like the
other solution.  Icons like "Delete all text" "Strike
through" etc will probably never be used here. These are
the ones that are candidates for the chevron/submenu
treatment.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: