[scribus] Font changes with selection

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 13 13:54:41 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 08:30:11 am a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
> > I have a line of text in a textbox with some kind of
font, for
> > instance Helvetica Narrow 8,00pt.
> > When I select that whole line of text (shift-end) the
font indicator
> > in the properties window (I don't know if that is the
correct name of
> > it - I use a Dutch version) changes to Arial 12,00pt
(what is at the
> > moment in the standard settings). Only when I select
the line without
> > the last letter I keep my Helvetica Narrow 8,00 pt.
> >
> > This is very annoying, since when I want to change I
cannot change
> > only the fontsize from 8,00 to 8,10. I also have to
change the font
> > from Arial to Helvetica narrow and the fontsize from
12,00 to 8,01.

> > Is there a better way to do this?
>
> a good way would be to use styles (but it depends on what
you're doing...)

> i agree that what you're describing should work
correctly, though. can
> you post a bug report for it?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Do you use the story editor?  I find that I can highlight a
line or a series of lines, and then select the proper font
and size on the top bar.

Styles are better of course.
--
John Culleton