[scribus] Font changes with selection

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 12:42:36 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 07:51 AM, Joop wrote:
> I have a line of text in a textbox with some kind of font, for instance
> Helvetica Narrow 8,00pt.
> When I select that whole line of text (shift-end) the font indicator in
> the properties window (I don't know if that is the correct name of it -
> I use a Dutch version) changes to Arial 12,00pt (what is at the moment
> in the standard settings). Only when I select the line without the last
> letter I keep my Helvetica Narrow 8,00 pt.
>
> This is very annoying, since when I want to change I cannot change only
> the fontsize from 8,00 to 8,10. I also have to change the font from
> Arial to Helvetica narrow and the fontsize from 12,00 to 8,01.
>
> Is there a better way to do this?

This is annoying, but I'm not sure it's a bug per se. If your default
font is something other than what you've highlighted, it's not exactly a
mistake for it to be identified.

I would suggest that you highlight the text from the other direction: go
to the end of the line, then Shift-Home. I tried this just now and this
avoids seeing the default font in Properties > Text tab.

What I have found more annoying yet inconsistent is in Story Editor when
you change the style, then hit Return, the style doesn't always carry
over to the next paragraph.

Greg