[scribus] Problem with Text Flow

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 02:27:44 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 09:33 PM, bobparham at comcast.net wrote:

> The problem came about when I right clicked in the Body Text Frame of
> page 1, clicked Get Text, and went out and got the text. It filled the
> first page Body Text Frame just as it was supposed to do but here is
> where things began to go bad. I clicked on this Text Frame, then the
> Link Icon and then clicked the Text Frame in page 2. I repeated for page
> 3. So far so good. Then I clicked the Text Frame Box in page 3, clicked
> Link icon and then clicked the Text Frame in Page 4. _This time it
> linked to the Header _and a pop up window says "You are trying to link a
> page to itself".

Not quite sure I understand. The correct procedure on linking goes
something like:
select first frame
click link icon to turn on linking
click next frame
click next frame
click next, etc.
click link icon to shut off linking

If you don't turn off linking, Scribus gets confused about what you are
trying to do.

> I previously had the problem and for a solution tried having Master
> Pages for Body Text only. This way I was successful in getting text to
> flow properly through all 4 pages. My plan was to create Master Pages
> for the Headers alone and then "Apply Master Pages." This was not
> successful. Apparently, you can only have one Master Page applied to any
> one document page. Is this true?

Yes, each page can only have one kind of Master Page.

Greg