[scribus] French doc

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 20:01:07 UTC 2011

On 07/10/2011 03:57 PM, Alessandro Levati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Il 10/07/2011 14:57, Gregory Pittman ha scritto:
>>>
>> It would be great if we could get someone(s) to translate the upgraded
>> docs in 1.4.0 so that we could include them. There is a lot of
>> misleading (or simply wrong) information in the old French and German
>> online manuals.
>>
>> Any and all languages would be appreciated. A good place to start would
>> be in the entire Scribus Basics section.
>
> I am willing to translate the online help in Italian. I am not certainly
> experienced in DTP, but I have been using Scribus occasionally for about
> one year, and I translated more than 30 wiki articles in Italian. So I
> think that I can contribute to the translation of the online help too.
> Unfortunately I don't have much time, so if I start translating, it is
> very unlikely that my work will be ready for inclusion in 1.4.0.
> I would have volunteered earlier, but I thought that translations had to
> wait until the (English) docs were fully updated. If I can start work
> now, please let me know. Maybe I'll focus on the Scribus Basics section
> as suggested by Greg.

Cool.
If we wait until the English is fully updated, translations will never
happen.
As I said, go ahead and start with anything in Scribus Basics. You might
just send them to me off list, and I'll take care of submitting them --
we probably want some critical mass before we include them. After that,
let me know what you want to do. Some current articles aren't worth
translating since they need to be replaced.

If you're going to make screenshots, try to keep the name of the image
file the same as the English so it's easier to track.

Greg