[scribus] Pagination in Scribus

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 01:14:06 UTC 2011

I just joined the list and this is my first post. I am using 1.4.0rc2.

I have been using (or learning to use) Scribus for about three months. I
am in the process of writing a book and I must say that I have found
Scribus to be very challenging but have overcome a number of problems. I
have completed the first two chapters and am quite pleased, for the most
part, with the results.

The current problem, which I have been working on for several days, is
that of pagination. I am saving each chapter to an .sla file. I go to
File>Document Setup>Sections and attempt to get the pages numbered. The
first chapter which only has four pages numbered perfectly. The second
chapter has twelve pages. (I am keeping the signatures a multiple of
four pages.) I cannot get a continuation of numbering in the second
chapter. It insists on numbering from 1 to 12 instead of numbering from
5 to 16.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Bob P

--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")