[scribus] Automatically linking odd pages.

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Thu Jul 7 20:29:38 UTC 2011

On 7/7/11 10:23 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> On Thursday, July 07, 2011 03:57:24 pm Craig Bradney wrote:
>> On 7/7/11 9:55 PM, John Culleton wrote:
>>>
>>> used

> text
>>>
>>> file.

>>> then

> pages
>>>
>>> one

> and
>>>
>>> link

>>> approach?

>>> what you want.

>>> On all page pairs or just one at a time? I know how to
> do
>>> it one page at a time. I Want to set up e.g. 100 pages
> with
>>> linked text frames on the odd pages only.
>>
>> It can do it on all odd pages.. try it and see
>>
>> Craig
>>

> I finally found the right screen. Had to click on the ...
> icon. It inserted all the text frames in the right hand
> pages only. It didn't link them however. So how do I set up
> automatic linking? Or do I have to set the sticky tools
> mode & click each one?
>
> Thanks for your patience.

On the options tab of the Insert Frame dialog, select Link Frames.. It
wont link automatically after the frame insertion if you add more
frames, but it will do your first 100 pages in just 3 or 4 clicks. It
does, however, create "normal" frames, not those of the "automatic"
type.. so you can link/relink etc as you wish.

Craig