[scribus] Text Column Styles

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 13:03:46 UTC 2011

On 07/04/2011 08:24 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> One issue that I repeatedly come across is that of consistent frame size
>> and position settings.
>
> Use guides. And snap the frames to the guides. (I'm not sure how it
> works in 1.4, but when I used 1.3.5 you could unfortunately not snap
> the starting corner of a frame to the guides. That was a bit
> frustrating.)
>
> There is also the possibility to set the defaults for a text frame in
> the document setup. Use a default that makes sense for most of the
> frames you create.
>
> For a while I used two column frames, but I found it easier to instead
> used two linked frames side by side. Multi column frames might be
> useful when automatic text frames are used.
>

> You could also try to put frames in the Scrapbook and pull them into
> the document.

There are many ways to achieve some sort of automated/semi-automated
frame generation.

In addition to these already mentioned:

- you could make your own template(s) with some sort of basic layout.

- you can import pages and master pages from other documents. You might
just use these as a resource for some copy/paste operations elsewhere in
your document. For that matter, you can have more than one document
open, then switch back and forth, copying/pasting as needed.

- you could use a small script which creates a frame with the various
parameters as you desire.

There may be more, but at any rate, there are quite a few different ways
which are clearly better than the manual way you are doing this.

Greg