[scribus] Text Column Styles

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Jul 4 12:24:23 UTC 2011

> One issue that I repeatedly come across is that of consistent frame size
> and position settings.

Use guides. And snap the frames to the guides. (I'm not sure how it
works in 1.4, but when I used 1.3.5 you could unfortunately not snap
the starting corner of a frame to the guides. That was a bit
frustrating.)

There is also the possibility to set the defaults for a text frame in
the document setup. Use a default that makes sense for most of the
frames you create.

For a while I used two column frames, but I found it easier to instead
used two linked frames side by side. Multi column frames might be
useful when automatic text frames are used.

You could also try to put frames in the Scrapbook and pull them into
the document.

/Peter