[scribus] catalog create--import images and autofill

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 01:01:32 CET 2011

On 01/30/2011 06:37 PM, Roberta or Peter wrote:
> is it possible to create a page with image frames and have them
> automatically populated like a data merge?--looked around net to no avail
> get lots of stuff about creating catalogs but it seems all that they are are
> templates
> i would like to have a list of images automatically placed on pages with
> multi images per frame--a page 17 wide by 11 inches with 2 rows of guides
> and 4 columns
> this can be done in adobe designs but a major pia using mac

Hi Peter,

There is this script (family of scripts, really) that I wrote some time ago.
What you would need to do is set up the dimensions/proportions of your
frames, the layout you would like, and then the method for import --
these import all images from a particular directory in alphanumeric order.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Automatic_import_of_images:_Versions_not_requiring_Tkinter

Greg