[scribus] Really basic questions

Rob Oakes lyx-devel at oak-tree.us
Sat Jan 29 22:29:06 CET 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 2:20 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> or 20 years ago were vendors providing software and manuals for free?

No, but they did provide manuals and product documentation. I understand why this is near impossible for open source (and I think that selling high quality documentation is a perfectly valid revenue strategy), but when was the last time you saw a paid application shipped with good quality documentation (that wasn't a web page)?

The copy of Microsoft Office 2007 I bought a couple of years ago includes online help and no manual. Even there, half of the links are dead or point to 2010 which includes a different way of doing things. I understand the original posters complaint.

It's impossible to RTFM when there isn't an FM.

Cheers,

Rob