[scribus] Really basic questions

Ken Springer romanemporer at dishmail.net
Thu Jan 27 23:37:22 CET 2011

I'm starting my first project, and it's very simple.  But before I get into
it very far, a couple of really basic questions.

I'm running Scribus 1.3.9 on an Intel Mac, OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard.  But, I
also have a Windows XP Pro and Vista Ultimate computers available to me.
And someday, Ubuntu Linux.

1.  Is there available somewhere, a program that will let me print the
entire online help pages?  I could open and print each URL, but that sure
does take a long time to do it manually.

You have no idea how much I hate online help, and how useless it is if you
are used to the value of real books!  LOL  I know there is a printed book
for a slightly older version of Scribus, but not sure I can justify it for a
couple of simple projects.

I could actually do the projects in Open Office, but I'm interested in
learning a little bit about Scribus.  DTP is not a completely new thing to
me, I used to use Calamus somewhat regularly, and used it a fair amount.
But the last version I purchased was in 1998, and for the things I would use
a DTP program for certainly does not justify the cost of Calamus today.  The
first version of Calamus I purchased was 1.06, for the Atari line of
computers.  I go back a long way.   LOL

My knowledge of Linux terminology is very minimal at this point, so I would
appreciate it if those who reply try to do "English for Dummies"!!!   LOL

2.  Is there a way to vertically justify text in a text frame?

Have a great weekend, everyone.

--
Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

"Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm<http://www.greeleynet.com/%7Ewordwork/airpage.htm>