[scribus] Disappearing frame

Hicks Tim tim at trh.bc.ca
Fri Jan 28 16:55:32 CET 2011

Scribus newbie here, be kind.

I prepared a multipage document. When it was ready I exported to PDF.
Pre-flight inspector reported no relevant problems.
But one of my text frames vanished from the PDF.
There seemed to be nothing unusual about it.

In the end I had to copy the contents, delete the frame, create a new frame, and paste the contents back.
The new frame exported as expected.

Has anyone seen this? Is there an explanation?
If I have to shrug and just write this off, it wouldn't be the first time I've done it with page-layout software.