[scribus] Text in frame and Properties > Text dialog

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Fri Jan 28 09:24:45 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Barry McKenna <bmcken at pobox.com> wrote:

> W/Win2k/sp4, v1.39
>
> When I select a text frame and then open the Text dialog/page in
> Properties, the incorrect font is listed:
>
> actual=Times Roman Reg., listed=Arial, Regular
>
> If I select some text in the frame, then Properties/Text displays the
> correct Times Roman Reg.
>
> However, without any text selected, when I open the Edit Text dialog, Times
> Roman Regular is listed.
>
> Is this a bug in Properties or something else?
>
> Barry McKenna

i have never know the Properties box to show the correct font.   For that
reason, I don't use it.  There seems to be a real disconnect with what is
shown, with respect to fonts between the Story Editor and the Properties box
text field.  I have never been able to tell which has precedence, either, of
I avoid the Properties box for text/font activities like it holds the source
of plague.

Ubuntu 10.10 / Scribus 1.4.0
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG