[scribus] Render frames, Latex and Fonts

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 18:27:44 CET 2011

Scribus 1.3.9 on Fedora 14, x86_64.

I have never really used render frames, but I want to experiment with
them a bit using Latex. One of my needs is to use a specific font. The
font is installed and works fine in Scribus, but Latex doesn't know
about it, unless I keep adding it to the preamble.

I note on the online documentation:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=renderframes

That you can add fonts to the Latex XML file so they will be available
in the drop-down list in the Scribus render frame dialog window.
Unfortunately, I have no idea where this XML file is called or where it
might be located. A search of the filesystem revealed three copies of
latex.xml, but opening each one in a text editor did not reveal anything
that looked like a list of fonts.

I could use a little more information on exactly how to add the fonts
to the XML file.