[scribus] Embedded fonts in pdfs?

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Fri Jan 21 04:37:54 CET 2011

The Scribus files I output to pdf frequently contain only a
font that I have developed myself, a well-hinted True Type
font that neither Scribus nor any other app has ever had a
problem with. The font is setup for everything allowed,
which includes embedding and editing.

I've read here often that the Acrobat > File > Properties
shows what fonts are embedded, if any. Yet when I load an
.sla file containing that font, and I open the pdf export
dialog, there are not fonts (only one in the sla) listed as
available for embedding, and the Acrobat > File > Properties
will not show any fonts embedded, even thought this font has
the Embed in Postscript checked in the Scribus preferences
Font page.

However, the pdf that is then generated by Scribus can be
taken anywhere and printed with the font and I can assure
you no one else has this font on their system, so it must be
embedded, right? So, why isn't it listed under Embedding:
Available fonts, and why is it not listed in Acrobat properties?

Anybody have any clues to this?

Barry McKenna