[scribus] Building 1.5.0svn on Fedora 14

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Jan 19 06:09:21 CET 2011

I built an Arthur version but it failed on a linking. Googling
suggested this was a Fedora14 type problem.

It was fixed by editing CMakeCache.txt so that the line that read;

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=

was changed to

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=/usr/lib/libOpenThreads.so

Built a cairo version with the same linker flag with no problem.

I tried adding
-DWANT_CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=/usr/lib/libOpenThreads.so to the
cmake command, but that was politely and silently ignored

As the born loser, I suspect I am the only person in the world with
this problem :-)

Just in case someone else *does* have the same problem.

--
Owen