[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 08:07:41 CET 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:42:08 +0100
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:

>hi john jason,
>
>> There are two clients here: My mail client (Claws Mail) and my
>> browser (Firefox). Claws Mail knows that I want to open a link in
>> Firefox, so when I left-click on a link in an e-mail Claws opens a
>> new tab in Firefox and displays the page. That's where things go
>> awry here - the page in Firefox is blank.
>>
>> If I right click on the link in the e-mail I get two choices: "Open
>> in Browser" and "Copy Link." There is no option in Claws Mail to
>> save the file directly from Claws Mail.

>i also have claws and firefox: clicking on the link opens a new tab in
>firefox and the download dialog shows up (i've told firefox to always
>ask for the location).

That must be where I have gone wrong. A new tab opens up (blank), but
the download dialog popup never appears. There are hundreds of
configuration settings in Firefox - how did you tell Firefox to always
ask for the location?

>you can also copy the link in the mail and paste it in a new firefox
>tab...

I tried that. It still opens a blank tab.

>and, no, i don't think you can directly download from http in claws.

I don't think so either. I was just wondering if it was possible in
other mail clients.

At least now I know it is something in my Firefox settings.