[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 02:17:59 CET 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:06:09 -0800 (PST)
John O'Sullivan <johnosullivan413 at yahoo.com> dijo:

>>>Just a suggestion -  are you able to right click and "Save Link
>>>As.."?
>>
>>No. When I click on the link in the e-mail Firefox pops up, opens a
>>new tab, and then in the status bar at the bottom it says "done." The
>>page is blank.

>That sounds like a left click.  I was assuming the link would be
>highlighted as links would normally be on your computer.  Is so,
>place your pointer on the link in the email, RIGHT click, and a menu
>should pop up.  If that is true, you should have an option to "Save
>Link As...".  You would follow the normal steps had the link actively
>downloaded on a successful left click as you describe, namely
>selecting location and agreement of file name, etc.
>
>If the link is not highlighted or active, and you don't purposely have
>your browser or email client configured to disable the links, I don't
>know what else may be stopping you.

There are two clients here: My mail client (Claws Mail) and my browser
(Firefox). Claws Mail knows that I want to open a link in Firefox, so
when I left-click on a link in an e-mail Claws opens a new tab in
Firefox and displays the page. That's where things go awry here - the
page in Firefox is blank.

If I right click on the link in the e-mail I get two choices: "Open in
Browser" and "Copy Link." There is no option in Claws Mail to save the
file directly from Claws Mail.

Do other mail clients have an option to save files directly from the
mail client?