[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 10 19:07:49 CET 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:00:00 -0500
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>I have examples of TeX, OO Writer and Scribus text for a novel here:
>http://wexfordpress.com/tex/compare.pdf
>Unfortunately I don't have MSWord or InDesign so I can't add examples
>for those products. But you can run up your own sample in MSWord and
>compare it to the others.

John,

This is the second time I have been unable to get a PDF from your site.
When I click on the link above Firefox pops up and tries to load the
page, but it just says "done" and nothing happens. I suspect it has to
do with the fact that I do not have Firefox set to open PDFs in the
browser window. Instead, I use the browser window to download the PDF
and open it in Adobe Reader. This is on Fedora 14 x86_64.

I never have a problem getting PDFs from other web sites. What am I /
are we doing wrong?