[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

S B sbinsandiego at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 00:11:04 CET 2011

Lorn, I have not used Scribus for this purpose, but I used it for preparing
lessons for a class in church some time ago. It works very very well for
that.  This is a similar applications, because the lessons I taught were
each fairly short, but the aggregate was fairly long.  I didn't use any
sophisticated formatting, but I did use lots of illustrations and drawings.
It works well for that. I can't give you guidance as to the processes,
because I actually WROTE the documents in Scribus rather than in a
word-processor.  I guess I wonder why you would use Scribus as the formatter
and not just use the word processing program.  I know that many novels have
been created in Word or Open Office (and other word processors), so it does
interest me. I have a couple nonfiction books I've been working on that I
did in Word, and that worked out quite well, and it was easy to do.
Steve Bradley