[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean teodomas at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 19:33:41 CET 2011

Hi Lorn.The steps for print production/general steps, can be more (ie MasterPage /'s)1 Save your .doc to .odt with Openoffice or Syphony or directly if you have the very new MS Word2 In Scribus you need set this things, it is good to have color management set for your needs a) page size, unit, number of page (ie. multiple of 16, or 8 depends case to case) this not include the covers (my reomandation) or in some case include covers - depends the print solution or wishes, margins and/bleeds (I recomand to leave this intact, set the necesary space for final cut from margins) also I sugest automatic text frame with how column want (1 or 2 - & gap) this is good becouse ie. the text frames are linked by default b) click to first page text frame for select it, right click (command click) and hit 'get text'c) make any other formathing (ie. hyphenate {main menu/extras/hyphenate text} optical margins {properties dialog - text tab}, overprint-black if you want
 color background {properties dialog - colors}. Place images: drug image frame, rightclick / get images, in properties dialog / shape set the text wrap (text flow around frame). Others.d) export to pdf (or pdf-X), color space set for printer, give it to typography or printshop.