[scribus] Spell check

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jan 7 08:10:11 CET 2011

hi

> > Unless I just do not understand how the system works, it does not.
> > Pressing F7 with a text box selected, I get the pop up dialog box.
> > However, when testing with known spelling errors, such as "Who dod
> > the ..." in the first line of the text, I get noting indicated in
> > the spelling dialog box.  If I press close, if says "Spelling check
> > complete".  If that is actually true, it must not work with this
> > configuration.
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Perhaps you could test the same text in another program that uses
> aspell. If it works there, Scribus obviously doesn't cooperate with
> aspell as desired. Sooner or later (rather sooner) we will have to
> move forward to a more modern spell-checking library, and one that
> works on all supported platforms.

or somebody else, could test the spell checking on his computer (with debian testing which has packages provided directly by Alex) and notices that he also gets an empty error, with an empty suggestion, when there is an obvious error in the text frame.

if i have some time to do step by step checks, i will post a bug report.

ciao
a.l.e