[scribus] Text overflow

Johannes Deutch zelbstzz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:21:07 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> ...a friend of mine is looking for a DTP program that does what he wants
> and needs.  He's been using Ventura Publisher for decades but eventually
> he'll run out of old computers it will run on and, alas, he's been unable to
> find a more modern program that does what he's become dependent on.

My wife has a program from 1997 that does exactly what she wants better than
any more current program. Even though I'm not in her professional field, she
showed me what it does and I, too, haven't seen anything yet to match its
capabilities.

It worked with XP and stopped functioning with Vista and Windows7. The
solution we found was to use Virtual Box from Oracle (cross-platform). No
need to create separate partitions. No need for dual booting. Just install
Virtual Box on your current computer, like you would do with any other
program,  put a copy of your older OS inside Virtual Box, and run your old
program from there!

In addition, you can add as many OS's as you like? Want Ubuntu? OK. Want
Mint? OK. Want any Mac OS? OK, etc. And all your installations are simply
transferrable to your next computer.  ...And did I say that Virtual Box is
free, as in open source? Such a deal!

Tip off your friend to Virtual Box. It's an option that might appeal to him.