[scribus] Issue Transferring Sla File With Image

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 15:16:59 CET 2011

On 01/05/2011 03:43 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi j k,
>
>> Ah, okay.  I see.  I could have used that option.  I still think that
>> that Scribus could handle the error case of the image file not being
>> present more gracefully (there are other more insidious ways that
>> this could happen--for instance, a network storage device could fail
>> rendering an sla document unusable).
>
> normally, scribus should show an empty image frame... or something similar: which version are you using?

I think there should be a natural sense that when you are transporting a
Scribus file and its associated images from one system to another that
you must pay attention to where things are going, whether or not you use
Collect for Output.

After transfer, you should be able to check Extras > Manage Images,
which brings up a dialog telling you what image files Scribus is trying
to find, and you can redirect Scribus to wherever you have put your files.

All of this speaks to having a habit of collecting all the components
for a Scribus document in some standard way (some use a project
directory for this), since aside from the annoyance, searching for lost
images can waste a lot of time.

Potential network device failures suggests having workarounds and
backups rather than anything Scribus itself might help with.

Greg