[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Jan 5 08:05:53 CET 2011

> I don't think that tooltips are likely to go away. I have to say that
> perhaps there should be a word/character threshold, beyond which the
> information which is in the tooltip should be easily available somewhere
> else. Maybe sometimes the tooltip might say, for example: "See Working
> with Text for further information."

Well of course tooltips shall not be essays, tooltips shall he used as
space saving information about things that are not obvious.

Like when the PDF Export button is disabled the tooltip can say
"PDF/X-3 comment field not filled in" when you hover the cursor over
the button for a few seconds.

I can't see how anyone could think that is intrusive or interrupts workflow?

What DOES interrupt workflow is have to switch to another window/pane
to find out why something is disabled.

/Peter