[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jan 4 17:48:58 CET 2011

>> In general I think that tool tips which appear after say 5 seconds of

> as an experienced user, i can tell you that having tooltips floating
> around for 5 seconds is a real inconvenience...

But nobody has talked about that. They should APPEAR efter 5 seconds.
Not DISappear. So, when you hover your mouse for 5 seconds above the
disabled menu item or button a tooltip will pop up explaining why it
is disabled.

> personally, i keep on thinking that tooltips, and popups in general, are
> not a good solution for warnings.

Well, it seems as if every other software developer thinks different.
At least if you look at how todays programs work.

/Peter