[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 4 16:50:16 CET 2011

hi john

> Moreover, as someone who uses multiple programs routinely and not only Scribus,
> say every day, the tooltips save a good deal of time.  And when I know or recall
> what I'm doing, I don't even notice the tips popping up, if they do.  It's
> mystery how they interfere as some may have claimed.  They don't impede clicking
> in my experience.  They don't get stuck on the screen like some text boxes do in
> other programs (may be just a Windows OS problem).  I get having preferences,
> and I get the sense of pride people take in being expert at what they do and
> perhaps using Scribus.  But I simply don't see how the tips interfere.  I'm
> wordy about it only in hopes they DO NOT go away.

well, john, the discussion in here is not about showing or not tooltips,
but using tooltips to show warnings.

and it's not about experts being proud of mastering a difficult system,
but being able to achieve their goal without the software getting in
their way.

long life to the tooltips... but, please, don't stuff everything in there!

ciao
a.l.e