[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

John O'Sullivan johnosullivan413 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 16:19:14 CET 2011

>Coming to Scribus from such programs as Word, tooltips shorten the learning
>curve and the frustration levels. And too;tips can be turned off by those who
>don't need them.
>
>But thats just mho as a noob.
>
>keith

Moreover, as someone who uses multiple programs routinely and not only Scribus,
say every day, the tooltips save a good deal of time.  And when I know or recall
what I'm doing, I don't even notice the tips popping up, if they do.  It's
mystery how they interfere as some may have claimed.  They don't impede clicking
in my experience.  They don't get stuck on the screen like some text boxes do in
other programs (may be just a Windows OS problem).  I get having preferences,
and I get the sense of pride people take in being expert at what they do and
perhaps using Scribus.  But I simply don't see how the tips interfere.  I'm
wordy about it only in hopes they DO NOT go away.

Just one person's opinion.
John