[scribus] Washed out images in PDF printing to Adobe

Tom Tom at tuxedo-press.com
Sun Jan 2 16:40:02 CET 2011

When you say that you "print to Adobe Acrobat" it's not clear to me what you
mean. You mean that export to PDF from Scribus, then open up in Acrobat?

Also, do you mean Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (formerly known as Adobe
Acrobat Reader)?

Greg

What I meant was that when I click on the File menu, then click on the Print
command on the file menu, select Adobe PDF as the printer (Adobe Acrobat 9
Pro is installed on my Windows machine), and choose the PDF/X-1a:2001
profile as an option, the PDF that is produced contains washed out images.

When I click on the File menu, select Export command, and the Save AS PDF
option,  the images in the PDF that is produced are sharp and clear. When I
open one of the images that was placed in the Scribus document with GIMP and
print it to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, the PDF that is created is
sharp and clear.

I purchase Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro because I didn't think Adobe Acrobat was able
to create PDFs, just read them. If I was wrong, I may have wasted some
money.

The need to create output in PDF/X-1a:2001 format is the reason I use Adobe
Acrobat 9 Pro. Because the Windows version of Scribus does not yet Export
PSFs to this standard, I need to get Scribus and Adobe Acrobat to work
together properly.

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax