[scribus] Which image in this frame?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 09:00:09 CET 2011

2011/1/2 Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>

> On 01/01/2011 02:02 PM, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
>
>> I don't intend to change the names of the photos.
>>

> I can't remember which Scribus version you're using, but this applies to
> 1.3.9

I'm using 1.3.9

> Trying to get back to the original question:

That's a very good idea ;-)

> 1. You can right-click (or the Mac equivalent) on an image frame to get the
> context menu. At the top is 'Info', which will tell you the image file name
> (but not directory)

Fantastic: that is just THE answer I was looking for!
Thanks a lot for this information.
I'm not interested in the directory by the way, as all the photos of a book
are stored in a specific folder.

If you need to do this a lot, you might consider trying out the script I
> wrote:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Extracting_All_Text_from_a_Document
>
> If you scroll down the page, you will find a variant that only gives a list
> of the images in your document, ie, copies to a file a listing of the image
> frame names with corresponding complete path and filenames.

I don't think this will be necessary; nor will it be very convenient as I
can move photos from one page to another all along the creating process,
till I'm satisfied with the layout of the whole book.

> I can't be positive it works on Macs, but it seems that it should.
>
> Greg

I'm on Linux.

Thanks for your answer. Thix will make my work much more easier, as I will
be able to check which photo I'm playing all along the work on the book.

Marie-Noëlle

PS: for those who would like to work on the GUI improvement, I'd recommend
the grouping of all images info in the same place (Right-Click Info,
Right-Click More Info, Properties Image, Extra Images Management).

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>