[scribus] I'm a beginner !

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 1 18:29:10 CET 2011

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 19:02:05 +0200
Tzipora Ne'eman <tzip at netvision.net.il> dijo:

>I'm a mac user, OS 10.6.5 and I've downloaded Scribus.   I tried to
>import some text from Word to use in Scribus and can't do it.

You didn't say what version of Scribus you have. I don't know about the
stable version 1.3.3.14, but I have 1.3.9 and it can import Word docs
fine. But even in 1.3.3.14 you can copy and paste.

However, when you import (or copy and paste) a Word doc into 1.3.9 it
loses all the formatting. A better solution would be to convert it to
OpenOffice.org format. Scribus can import OOo documents and retain the
styles and formatting. In turn, OOo can import the Word doc and retain
the styles and formatting. It's an extra step, but usually worth it.

>Also, is there a Mac version of the manual for beginners?

Which manual are you referring to:

http://tinyurl.com/2bbe3gm
http://tinyurl.com/2833jwc

Or did you mean the online manual?