[scribus] Signal #6

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 27 22:22:03 CET 2011

On 27 February 2011 16:37, John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org> wrote:

> Thanks, Craig.  I am not familiar with the building svn versions, but I may
> try that.  However, I completed the job using the Story Editor without any
> problems, whatsoever.  That lends credibility to my assertion that in-frame
> editing is the problem.  So, since I have, and do, use the Story Editor in
> several past versions without any difficulties and a great deal of ease, I
> think I will stay with it and see if there is an RC2 that fixes the
> in-frame
> editing problem, or a stable 1.4.0 release that may do the same.  But, iMO,
> RC1 falls somewhat short of a releasable new stable version.

That's because RC means release candidate. This usually involves (I'm not
sure how scribus handles this) a feature freeze, meaning that no new
features are incorporated into the code base and a focus to search for bugs.
RC-versions are usually not intended to be used in production. They are
released however so that people can take a look and hopefully find bugs.

You seem to have found one. Congratulations ;-).

Oh, BTW: signal #6 is SIGABRT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGABRT). It
tells you that the program has aborted. If there is no other message, that's
rather not helpfull.

Jan