[scribus] Fwd: Neuinstall von 1.4.0.rc1

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 26 00:17:00 CET 2011

On 25/02/11 15:31 , Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Practicing my German translation, for the benefit of those who missed this:
>
> On 02/25/2011 06:30 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
> That's approximately right. There can be problems when your Fink is too
> old. However, I believe not, see below.
[]
> Hmm. 1.2.3-1001 is dated 2006, but it's no longer available in the
> binary distribution for MacOSX 10.4. You would need to compile source
> code in 10.4 to get a newer version.

1.2.3-1001 is in fact the one that is still available in the bindist,
despite its old age (as old as MacOSX 10.4, but for some reason people
seem to expect that they can run new software on old operating systems).

[]
> In case you have in fact installed Scribus-1.3.5.1 in August 2009 with
> Fink, your Fink should be new enough, using the commands
>>
>> fink selfupdate
>> fink update scribus135-aqua
[]
> foolproof to understand and accomplish.

or rather: ...to understand and accomplish these commands without problem.

Unfortunately, in Lars' case it turned out that the situation was worse.
His Scribus-1.3.5.1 was installed in 2009 not from Fink, but from the
dmg provided by on the Scribus web site. Bringing Fink up to date, or
even installing the developer tools necessary for building the latest
scribus with fink, turned out to be too complicated for him. So he is
still hoping that someone will provide a precompiled and packaged
scribus dmg for MacOSX 10.4/ppc.

--
Martin