[scribus] Using BBS instead

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Feb 23 21:31:48 CET 2011

On 02/23/2011 11:58 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
> I think one thing that has been missed in the discussion is that a
> forum does not replace a mailing list. Not A maling list. But it
> replaces several.

I prefer to think of the two as complementing each other.  If you need
help fast, a mailing list is probably your best bet.  If you want
something that's easily searchable, you may prefer a forum.  At least
I've always found them easier to search than a mailing list's archives.
  And, since there's a limited overlap between the two, you get a
broader spectrum of experience and opinions than you would if you
insisted on using one and only one support method.

I don't know if I'd join a Scribus forum as my needs are simple and I
stay with the mailing list more out of curiosity than need, but I see no
reason there can't be both if that's what enough Scribus users want.