[scribus] Using BBS instead

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Feb 23 20:58:47 CET 2011

I think one thing that has been missed in the discussion is that a
forum does not replace a mailing list. Not A maling list. But it
replaces several.

I for example participate in a forum about Android devices (it's a
swedish forum called Swedroid). There are sub-forums for apps, games,
android in general, and not to forget there are sub-forums for almost
all Android phone models. We are talking about MANY forums here.

Now, if the forum instead was like 30 different mailing lists, the
moderators would not have the ability to move posts between different
sub-forums. And the moderation possibilities of a forum is one great
advantade (posts can be moved, topics can be split or joined).

And even more important, spam and similar posts can be moderated
before everybody has read them. With a mailing list there is usually
no way to remove a post once it's posted.

/Peter