[scribus] Story Editor bug

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 02:12:29 CET 2011

On 02/11/2011 04:23 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:13:18 +0000 (UTC)
> BionicNellyWiz<elaineci37 at yahoo.co.uk>  dijo:
>
>> I've found a bug in StoryEditor - am using Scribus version 1.3.9.
>
> You can post bugs a bugs.scribus.net.
>
> But before you do I want to make sure you have not just misunderstood
> something about the story editor view v. the canvas view. The canvas
> view always shows exactly what the text looks like. The story editor
> has a configuration setting where you can tell it what font to use for
> displaying the text in the story editor. This setting has nothing to do
> with what is really going to print. In other words, the story editor
> always displays the same font, regardless of what font is actually
> applied to the text. To see the font as it will print you need to look
> at the canvas view (the document page).
>
> The story editor is faster for some functions, but because it is not
> WYSIWIG experienced users prefer to do most of their text editing on
> the canvas.

The other thing to note, that I forget myself sometimes, is that in
Story Editor, you must highlight text that will have font or other
features changed. Simply changing settings without highlighting text
won't change the results at all. (unless you're using styles)

In fact, it's worth mentioning that you might play with fonts, etc by
creating a style and then editing the style. When you save the changes
the results are changed wherever the style is used.

Greg