[scribus] Story Editor bug

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 01:23:30 CET 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:13:18 +0000 (UTC)
BionicNellyWiz <elaineci37 at yahoo.co.uk> dijo:

>I've found a bug in StoryEditor - am using Scribus version 1.3.9.

You can post bugs a bugs.scribus.net.

But before you do I want to make sure you have not just misunderstood
something about the story editor view v. the canvas view. The canvas
view always shows exactly what the text looks like. The story editor
has a configuration setting where you can tell it what font to use for
displaying the text in the story editor. This setting has nothing to do
with what is really going to print. In other words, the story editor
always displays the same font, regardless of what font is actually
applied to the text. To see the font as it will print you need to look
at the canvas view (the document page).

The story editor is faster for some functions, but because it is not
WYSIWIG experienced users prefer to do most of their text editing on
the canvas.