[scribus] Importing pdf

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 8 07:19:55 CET 2011

hi john

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:32 PM, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I want to import a 44 page pdf into a 44 page Scribus document.
> > What I get is one huge frame with bits and pieces of the original
> > document. Both are 8.5 x 11 inches.
> >
> > Do I need to import it a page at a time?  that sounds tedious.
> > --
> > John Culleton
> >

> I'd be very interested in the answer to your question, John, as I do
> roughly the same task with every issue.  While I only import about 20
> pages, I have found no way to make Scribus import the whole pdf
> document and paginate it for me.  I use a piece of external software
> to split the large pdf document into individual pages and import them
> onto the respective magazine page. It's not a big job, but I would be
> interested in learning any other technique to accomplish the task.

theoretically, it's possible to do it with a script...
... you may need to extend the scripter first though...

... scribus is not meant to be a tool which places complete layouts...

the easiest way to solve your problem is to create the scribus document
and use an external tool to concatenate the bits (the scribus generated
pages and the other PDFs you got).
but i since i don't know what you exactly need and what are your skills,
it's hard to give more exact hints...

ciao
a.l.e