[scribus] Info reqd.

William F. Maddock billsey at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 02:11:56 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 10:07 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 09:23 AM, Eric Tripp wrote:
> >

> > I am thinking of downloading Scribus for a DTP project.
> >
> > I have a desktop PC running Windows XP and a laptop running Ubuntu Linux.
> >
> > 1. Is it possible to download a copy of each?
> >
> You can download as many copies on as many computers as you would like.
>
> > 2. Once installed on PC and laptop is it possible to interchange files between machines, ie start a project on one machine, then edit it or add to it using the other machine?
>
> Yes. Try to keep all the different computers/users having the same
> version -- currently 1.3.9 would be recommended.
>
> If you plan on sharing files, learn about Collect for Output.

Adding to what Greg said, you should be aware that scribus does not
embed graphics within the file you are working on, but only provides a
link to the graphic on your drive. "Collect for Output" was made for
what you want to do. It gathers your file and all of its images into a
single directory, making it easier to move the document between
machines.