[scribus] Using scribus for publishing a report

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Feb 4 17:23:55 CET 2011

hi eric,

> We're a small environmental consultancy. For years we've published our
> reports in Word. We'd like to make our reports look better.
>
> Is scribus suitable for that? There is lots of documentation about magazines
> and newspapers and such, but we only do reports. We don't want to spend too
> much time and effort - does anybody else do business/technical reports with
> scribus?
since one of my main goals is spreading the use of scribus in
switzerland, i'm ready to give you a hand in getting started with it.

back to creating reports with scribus: the main problem i see, is the
lack of real tables in scribus... but there are workarounds! they may or
may not be a satisfactory solution for you.

if you're indeed based in gattikon, i can give you a demonstration of
scribus capabilities and show you how to replicate your reports in scribus.

have a nice evening
a.l.e